Saturday, March 3, 2012

Military Couple

I just married a young couple in a mall food court. This evening, I experienced the true meaning of simple and sweet. The gentleman is in the military and currently going through AIT. After completion of his training he will be stationed in Japan. His sweet bride arrived in Oklahoma 3 days ago and is now preparing to move to Japan with her groom. The two of them were hoping to get married yesterday afternoon but he was not released from training until after the local chapel had closed. They did not care where or how they were married, they just want to be together. I received a call about 5 o'clock this afternoon asking for my help. Within 20 minutes I was on the road to Lawton and they were married approximately two hours later.

I consider it a great pleasure to be a part of their moment and I will remember them always.

No comments:

Post a Comment