Saturday, March 3, 2012

Oklahoma County - No JOP Weddings

A call to the marriage license department of the local court clerk’s office revealed that Oklahoma County has not had the option for Justice of the Peace weddings in approximately 6 years.  A person without a church home or a person who simply does not want a religious ceremony can no longer modestly go before a judge to be married in the local courthouse.

In my opinion, this is not entirely bad. Who wants such a stuffy setting for such a nice occasion anyway? This does not automatically mean that you cannot get married quickly in Oklahoma or that you must pay the expensive costs of renting a chapel. This gives us the chance to think outside the box.

I can think of many local places that would be beautiful for a small civil ceremony. I personally enjoy outdoor weddings and one of my favorite spots would be near the lighthouse at Lake Hefner. I also think a simple park wedding can be beautiful and intimate.

There are options and I am glad to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment